Sunday, November 23, 2014

Tis the season!

We've been busy gearing up for the holidays! Our tree and Christmas decorations have been up for over a week, most of my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped, and we are working on Christmas cards. I'm not forgetting about Thanksgiving, I'm just soaking up all that this fast season can give me. 

This past weekend my little family of three spent some time together. We did some shopping, rode the carousel in the mall, ate out lunch at Noodles & Company, played toys (including this awesome barn we've had in storage), built tents, read books, and made a snow globe. Mike's parents bought this barn long ago with intentions of a possible son of his to play with. Fast forward 15-20 years later, and our little Sullivan is loving life with his big red barn.

For the past month, Sullivan has been ecstatic about Santa. He loves seeing Santa signs and figurines in stores, on TV, pretty much anywhere he spots the jolly fella he's screaming "Santa Mommy, Santa!" I can't wait to see his reaction when he meets the big guy next month. I'm sure he might rethink his excitement. 

With that being said, take time over Thanksgiving to say a few prayers. Prayers of thanks for all that you have in this wonderful life, prayers for all those suffering and not with their loved ones over the holidays, and prayers for an easy winter. I do like the white stuff, but would much rather have it fall gently and not is large consumptions. 




For instructions on how to make a snow globe. Click on this link. **after making this I would fill water all the way to the top of the globe, and seal the pluge with a sealant, not hot glue. Otherwise, it turned out awesome!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...