Thursday, December 20, 2012

First Snow

Last night and early morning we got our first snow for the winter. Boy did we get snow!! It's reported Cedar Fall got a total of 10 inches of snow. Now, today wind gusts picked up to blow the powdery white stuff all over the place. 

It was great waking up this morning and showing Sullivan his first glimpse of snow. He didn't know what to think of it. After an hour and twenty minutes of shoveling a path with no snow plows in site. Mike decided to stay home. We didn't want to risk getting stuck in the snow with Sullivan in the car. I, on the other hand had to go into work, so a coworker picked me up along the way. 

By noon it was clear that no one was out and it was useless to stay open. So yay for me, I got to go home to see my boys. It was so great to spend some relaxing time at home. Everyone had a great day. Sull had naps and got to watch daddy shovel more snow, Mike watched ESPN, and I finished wrapping and made some Christmas goodies. 

Let's all hope the roads are clear before Saturday.......I can't wait to go home for Christmas!! 

Sullivan's first look at snow!

What our backyard looks like. Look Dad, Portly Pete is back for the winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...