Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend, it sure was nice to have an extra day off! This weekend was the perfect mix of laid back, hanging with family and spending quality time with Mike and Sullivan. 

Saturday morning I got to do a little shopping by myself. Then Mike and I took Sullivan back to the petting zoo in Waterloo. Late afternoon, Sullivan and I heading back to my parent's house while Mike got ready for a Sunday Newbo Market. We always seem to have a great time back home. Sullivan loves being around family especially his "gamma." On Sunday we hung out with my mom and dad, watched papa mow and blew bubbles with "gamma." Before cutting our trip early due to running out of antibiotics for Sullivan, I decided to take him to the Calmar pool. It's one of the very few pools open until Labor Day. 





It took a little while for Sullivan to warm up to playing in the water but once he was comfortable, he loved it. I happen to like this hometown pool because the kiddie pool is separate from the big pool and it's the perfect height for him to play in. 





Monday was even better sleeping in and playing with my boys. We brought back from my parent's some play food that I played with when I was a little girl. Sullivan has really enjoyed his play kitchen and creating "meals" for us. Seeing all this brought me back to my childhood and all the imagination I had with this play food. I could't tell you how many times I played restaurant with anyone who would let me. I also had the chance to organized all of Sullivan's toys and clothes. Hard to believe but his long sleeves, pants and jackets are all ready to go for the cool weather. Hoping you all had a fantastic Labor Day weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...