Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Farmer Markets

This post is long overdue. I had every intention of posting last week but then it didn't happen. So now it time to catch up as the last day in September is almost done. 

Let see on September 20th, Mike had his last Cedar Rapids Farmers Market. Sullivan and I decided to make a visit and venture one last time too see all the goods and produce this market had to offer. Compared to when we went to Des Moines Farmers Market a couple of weeks prior, this market was BUSY! Stopping and talking with Mike was near impossible and customers kept coming in to his tent, and he said it wasn't even that busy. He's seen worse. 

Sullivan and I strolled around, didn't buy much but we had a great time.




This past weekend on the 27th, Sullivan and I met up with my dear friend Allison and her new little one Jackson to hit up our very own Cedar Falls Farmers Market. Hey, we got to get our visits in before all the cold and snow come. Our weekends are numbered before the farmers markets will be done for the year. We had a great time strolling around with our littles picking out pumpkins, and vegetables for Allison to make Jackson some baby food. This little sprout will have some yummy eats in a couple of months. The boys were great and the conversation was awesome. We let the boys play and sprawl out while Allison and I shared some scones. Life is Good!





Afterwards, Sullivan and I stopped at our local Fareway for some groceries. Not sure if all the Fareways have them but ours have mini shopping carts for children to push around. Sullivan always seems to eye the kids wheeling around the aisles with these. And me the over protective mom, who nervous my kid would terrorize the store, has never let him use one. Saturday was a different store. I threw all caution to the wind and let him explore. He was so good and only once did he try to sneak something in the cart that I didn't give him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...