Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Projects

Well I thought we'd be done with projects now that the windows are done and the nursery but Mike and I continue to come up with new things to do. 

After working my final weekend until I return from maternity leave, HALLELUJAH! I'm so glad I don't have to work another Saturday or Friday night for a while. Mike and I ran errands and then decided what we wanted to do for the rest of the weekend. My project: prepare freezer meals to eat after the baby arrives. Mike's project: paint our little boy a one-of-a-kind painting to add to the nursery walls. 

Sunday rolled around all too quick. Mike and I attended church and then our once a month potluck after service. When we got home we each got to work. I managed to make 4 freezer meals, 2 dinners for this week and a quick grab and go breakfast that can be eaten at any time.

Here's my freezer meals. Spaghetti casserole, Chicken pot pie, Pesto chicken stuffed shells and Sausage egg muffins. I doubled the spaghetti casserole and chicken pot pie to eat this week.


I've never made the pesto chicken stuffed shells before but as I was preparing them it smelled so good. I can't wait to try it out! 

Mike's been busy work all day sketching and painting. I can't wait to see the finished project. He chose to paint a robot so that our son can take this painting with him as he grows into a little boy. Here's some photos of the artist in action.



Sunday night is coming to an end and it will be Monday before we know it. Off to go enjoy last couple of hours of the weekend. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...