Monday, October 13, 2014

A bundle of happiness


Something about this time of year that makes me happy. Is it the beautiful colors? Is it about all the wonderful holidays approaching? Is it that my boy is getting older and every month, every week, every day is a little bit more fun with all the new things he learns? 

I love this time of year for all the above. And I have a feeling it maybe be Sullivan's as well. He loves the "weaves!" The other night when we got home he spent 30 minutes just running back and forth stomping and crunching on the leaves. Tonight we looked up at two trees in our front yard, one he told me was orange and the other he said was green. You are right my sweet little boy. We talk about pumpkins and the leaves falling, and soon the weather will get cold and snow will fall. Although I'm not ready for all that snow, ice and all that bad weather brings, I am ready for more cozy nights under warm blankets and  hunkering down in our home. I'm ready for life to move a little slower and our little family to hibernate indoors. 





We've had a wonderful summer. Busy with farmer's markets, red piglet, parks, picnics, and making memories. Each year gets better and better. 

This weekend we headed back home for a little family time. It was perfect. My two sisters and niece went shopping on Saturday. When we returned we got all the nephews and niece together to snap some photos followed by Mike and I having a little date night at one of my favorite restaurants back home, The White House. Looking at some of the photos that were taken, I can't help but think where have all the years gone? These kids are growing up way too fast! 





It was the perfect weekend to make my soul happy. We are all back to being healthy in the Nelson household after having a rough week a week ago. Thanking God for this wonderful life and the blessings he's given me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...