Monday, August 10, 2015

28 Weeks!

This Saturday I turned 28 weeks. That means I'm one week into my 3rd and final trimester and only 3 more months to go! Boy do we have a lot of work to do. I'm no where near ready for baby boy Nelson to arrive. I have nothing washed, the nursery is still a storage/guest room, not sure where the car seat is much less any other necessities. About the only thing I have done is a few boxes of diapers are bought and the nursery is staying the same blue color Sullivan had. But we have to touch up a few areas and hang new curtains so I can't even cross that off my list. 

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I know the next month we will kick it into high gear. Mike only have 3 more farmer's markets before the season is done and one other show to make his 2015 year in the books. School is only 2 weeks away so we are practicing early bedtimes and gathering school supplies. Big changes are approaching the Nelson house and there is no turning back. 

I had an early 28 week appointment last Wednesday with another ultrasound and another glucose test. I passed an early one around 18 weeks but the doctors aren't that optimistic so they are testing it again. So far I haven't heard anything so I'm hoping "no news is good news." Ultrasound showed baby boy sprawling his legs out and still head up. Both ultrasound tech and doctor say he looks to be a big boy weighing in at 3 pounds at 28 weeks and long long legs. In fact he's in the 80% percentile an measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Sounds a lot like his brother and he didn't come out that big, just had long legs. We shall see! 

At 28 weeks, I'm feeling sore and uncomfortable. Swelling remains but is less when I wear compression stockings and sleeping isn't that great. I've had a few episodes of Braxton Hicks contractions in the last month. I never had them with Sullivan so I consulted a cousin over the weekend to confirm what they were. 

He also continues to be very active in my belly, though I haven't really felt any hiccups yet. I'm doctoring every two weeks now so is also exciting. Keeping cooking baby boy, but please try not to be over 9 pounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...