Sunday, August 16, 2015

My 30th

On Thursday I turned the big 3-0! My emotions are mixed. I'm exited for another chapter in life, but also well aware that it's another phase of getting older and the ones I love dearly getting older as well.  Thursday was almost like any other working day. It's no fun working on your birthday, much less your 30th birthday but when a baby is cooking and your holding on to every vacation day possible for maternity leave, you work on your birthday. Luckily, my co workers made the most of it and decorated my workspace with balloons, signs, streamers and wrapped just about every thing I use. We had scratch cupcakes and lunch out to Longhorn Steakhouse. 

The evening continued in celebrating with my two favs. Sullivan, Mike and I ventured out for a light dinner and more cupcakes to end the day. 

On Saturday I celebrated with Mike by heading to the Cedar Rapids farmers market. It's been years since I tagged along with him. It was actually a wonderful treat just the two of us, acting like we did when we were dating. That evening we headed back home to what I thought was going to be a quick trip in picking up Sullivan from my sister's house. Little did I know they had a special mini surprise birthday party planned. I was greeted with love from my family and very close friend. It was the perfect evening. I left that night feeling loved and so very blessed to have the most amazing people in my lives. 

So cheers to my 30s! The year I become a mother of two. I look forward to what God has planned for me this next year and then next 10 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...