Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First Day of Preschool


Today was the first day of 3 year old preschool. This means a new place, new faces, new routine. This also means no turning back, Sullivan is now in school and will remain schooling until he settles on a career. That is a very very large pill to swallow. How in the world can my little 3 year old boy enter the big world of school, teachers, eventually homework and be there at least the next 18 or so years?!

Luckily for me, my little boy was excited about school. He loved his new backpack, loved what we told him about school and LOVED the playground outside. With a fresh haircut, new shoes and outfit on a chilly Wednesday, August 26th morning we moved forward to new things. We entered the new place excited, nervous for this momma, but ready for the day. Mike and I both took Sullivan to school on his first morning and it seemed like he knew what to do. He took his coat off and place it along with his backpack on his hook with his name, signed it and headed straight to breakfast. He was cool as a cucumber and didn't care that we were leaving him. 

All day long I thought about him. Wondering what he was doing, was he having fun and then 1:00 came around and knew he was switching from daycare to his preschool class. I wondered if he'd make friends, wondered what he was learning. I couldn't wait until I could see him and ask him everything! 




Tonight when I picked him up, he was happy to see me but yet he didn't want to leave! He had a great first day playing and getting to know his new friends. So what did Sullivan do today, I asked him: "played, colored, and thad a snack." I also asked him what his favorite thing was about today and he said "having a snack and playing in the gym." Tomorrow is another day at daycare and then preschool again on Friday. Cross our fingers things continue to go well!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...