Monday, August 24, 2015

30 Weeks

Saturday I rounded another corner and hit the 30 week mark. Boy oh boy is this going fast! With only 10 more to go I have more than enough things to do before he can arrive. Our nursery is still a work in progress. We made some headway this weekend by storing our guest bed and touching up paint. So at least the room is painted and we have almost everything. Now we just need to put everything in its place and wash baby clothes and even more baby clothes. 

I will feel so much better once the room is in place and we have the carseat washed and ready, bags packed, and at least a drawer full of clothes washed and waiting. With a few big things happening this week and a few more busy weekends in our schedule, I guess the best thing I can do is take a deep breath and move one step ahead at a time. 

With 30 weeks down baby is moving-let's hope moving in the head down position. I've also had the pleasure of getting my first cold which began last Tuesday. It is not fun feeling sick and trying to cough when pregnant. As if breathing is easy right now anyways with a big boy in my belly. Hopefully it will pass soon and we can be free of illness for a long long time. 

Baby right now is the size of a large head of cabbage (although I'm pretty sure he's much bigger than that). At my 28 week appointment, my belly was measuring 5 weeks ahead of schedule! If this is confirmed again at my next appointment I think me and the doctor will be having a discussion. Baby's eyes are also getting a sense of light and know when it's light and dark outside. His body is thickening up, he's working on swallowing and opening and closing his eyes, and hair is growing. We shall see if this one will have little hair that was blonde like Sullivan or will this baby be born with lots of hair and a different color? 

Topics like this and who he may look like tend to come up almost daily in our house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...