Sunday, October 25, 2015

All things Halloween!

Today we got ready for Halloween! We are hoping to celebrate this holiday and NOT be having a baby. I'd much rather go into labor before or after this holiday, but I know it's not my choice. If it was my choice, I'd be going into labor tomorrow. :)

Anyways, this morning we started bright and early. While daddy made us some delicious pancakes and bacon, Sullivan and I spent the morning at our breakfast bar coloring pictures. Per his request, a witch. I'm not even sure we've talked about witches that much and we've never drawn pictures of people before. So when he said he was going to draw a witch, this is something I was curious to see. Overly surprised, this is the result. An excellent 3-year old's illustration of a witch. In fact, I'm not sure mine would look much better. Our little artist is definitely following in his daddy's footsteps. 

The day continued with some errands, lunch at Panera and then home to paint some small pumpkins. More arts and crafts time! Sullivan loves colors and loves mixing them. We are learning that too much mixing gives us brown and "icky" colors. 




After dinner we moved on to the finale, carving our pumpkin we picked up from the pumpkin patch last weekend. Dad and Sullivan had fun digging out the pumpkin guts, then designing the face, followed by dad carving it out. Meanwhile, Sullivan painted the stem of our pumpkin with glow-in-the-dark paint. 










We had a ton of fun today! Pretty sure this kid could color and paint all day long. 6 more days till Halloween and only 6 more days till due date. I have a feeling I'll still be pregnant in November, but just in case I'm wrong, we are ready and waiting sweet little boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...