Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby Update #2!!

I am well into week # 25. I have hit a new chapter, the 3rd and final trimester. I cannot believe this is the last trimester before we get to meet him. Now all he needs to do is gain a little weight before he decides to arrive. 

Today I had my 24 week appointment. I'm a week behind since we did our ultrasound late and spring break last week (most doctors have it off). 

Today's updates include good news: 
  • Blood pressure good
  • Heartbeat is strong at 135
  • Only gained 1 pound since last visit :)
  • No protein is my urine (great news)
A couple of weeks ago I started to get swelling in just my left foot. It came on fierce but when I made a quick phone call to the doctors they said to just watch sodium intake, drink lots of water, and try to stay off and elevate my feet as much as possible. That may sound easy except I stand on my feet all day long except for on my lunch break and when work is done. A couple of tweaks and swelling has slowed down, it still shows up everyday just on the left foot but right now my doctor is not too concerned. 

Other news from the doctor's is WE GET TO HAVE ANOTHER ULTRASOUND!! We are so excited to see what he looks like again. This time we hope his hands don't cover his face. Mike is anxious to see if he will look just like him. 

The doctor says we need to do another ultrasound because when measuring my belly, I am actually measuring at 28 weeks instead of 25 weeks. Since this is a big difference, she wants to make sure the baby is not too big and that things are still looking okay. Also checking to see if my due date will change. 

To get back on schedule this will all take place in 3 weeks for my 28 week appointment. I also have to get me glucose checked which means drinking that wonderful sugary orange stuff. Hopefully I don't have gestational diabetes! 

After my 28 week appointment I start going every two weeks. Time will fly by and we definitely need to kick our butts in gear to get this nursery done before he decides to show up. Luckily we have the car seat so we can bring him home, now just need everything else and a place to sleep. 

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...