Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Day

This has to be the best Christmas yet! Besides being a kid and anxiously awaiting to see what Santa brought me, I now get to live that belief through my son. On Christmas morning Sullivan got to open his presents from Santa. He loved them and has become quite the expert in unwrapping. Later that morning, we were invited over to my grandparents house for lunch. It was just a small gathering with some of my aunts and uncles that live close by. It was such a treat to go visit them. I remember as a kid going over there for Christmas celebrations and back then the house was jam packed with people. For several years now we celebrate the Hackman Christmas at my aunt and uncles house. Our family is growing and growing with grandchildren getting married and more great grandchildren on the way. 


So many memories were brought back to me hanging out in their basement. The finished basement hasn't change one bit and everything I played with as a kids was there for Sullivan to play with. After lunch we came home to take naps and hunker down. 











The rest of our trip back home to Calmar was spent enjoying time with family, visiting friends and Mike and I even got to have a date night. On Thursday night we went to the Holiday lights. This event is a campground in Decorah that is lit up full of light displays. Cars pay a free will donation and drive through to see the beautiful lights. Sullivan enjoyed them and just kept saying "wow" to every display we passed.


Sullivan and I also took a day trip to LaCrosse, WI to a children's museum with my sister and her to kids and we rounded the trip out with another Hackman Christmas in the books. More to come on those events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...