Thursday, May 28, 2015

Summer Lovin

We are loving this weather! Sunny, high 70s to low 80s and beautiful. The kind of weather that always makes me wish I had summers off. 

Since I don't, we've been making the most of our nights. Playing in the yard, blowing bubbles, cleaning the garden, going to parks, and taking scenic drives in neighborhoods. 

Tonight we grabbed dinner at Pita Pit and ventured to a nearby park to eat and play before it rains. This park is familiar to us but we've never stopped to check it out. With one thing on my bucket list this year being to try out 3 new parks, I figured this was a good one to start. Sullivan had a blast, until he had to go potty. Lesson learned, no more parks without a potty. Oh well it was fun even for a short while. We will be back soon! 



In other news, we had a busy Memorial Day weekend. We spent time cleaning, going out on an adult date night, and seeing family. Sullivan went back home to grandma's for a few days alone and loved it. I think he's asked almost every day since if we are going to see grandma again soon. 

For more updates:
  • My garden is off to a great start, growing like crazy!
  • Sullivan has successfully completed potty training. We hit it strong a while ago and have always managed to stay dry during the day, but nights were tough. Especially since a little boy is always hungry and thirsty before bed. So for the last 5 nights in a row we have been dry threw the night. Last night he even got up in the middle of the night to go potty all by himself. We are getting more and more closer to have a cool new bed!
  • I'm 17 weeks and 5 days pregnant today and my feet are blowing up. It's not even that hot out and summer is still a ways away and my ankles and feet are getting puffy and tight. I will spare you the pictures, but let me tell you, it's not comfortable. Hoping I can figure a way to contain the swelling. 



May is ending and June is approaching. Coming in June we "hopefully" get to find out if our little baby cooking is a boy or girl. I can't wait! Looking forward to a busy summer, more house prepping for baby 2, farmers markets, road trips, a sweaty and sticky little boy who smells of ice cream and sunscreen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...