Sunday, May 10, 2015

Wonderful Life

It has been a good weekend! I love the weekends. I love spending time with my family and I love being home with my boys. We started off our weekend as the usual- cleaning and running errands. Saturday afternoon greeted us with some visitors. Mike's nephew Ethan and his girlfriend Kim came to visit. It was so wonderful talking and catching up with them and meeting Kim. Sullivan was shy (or at least acting that way) but then he warmed up and was having a ball. 





Sunday, Mother's Day, I decided to do what I wanted. As much as I would have loved seeing family, travel is something I didn't want. I want a low key day with no plans and to sit and enjoy my family. We lounged in pajamas all morning, reading books, working on our alphabet letters, playing with toys, watching cartoons and eating a yummy breakfast. Sullivan has requested to paint all weekend. I happened to come across a bird feeder house in the dollar section at Target and knew it would be perfect. So late Sunday morning we let him paint his little heart out. Boy does this kid sure love his arts and crafts, I wonder where he gets that from??





Sunday evening was a treat. We went out for dinner to HuHot and got myself a cilantro plant. To top this day off even more, baby #2 treated me to a wonderful Mother's day gift. For the first time I heard he/she's heartbeat with our at home doppler. Pure contentment and happiness here. Life is good. 

Happy Mother's Day moms! I am blessed to be surrounded by the best. I couldn't think of a better mom, sisters, mother-in-law and wonderful friends who are mommas. It's a wonderful gift that I hope anyone who wants this role in life is blessed with it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...