Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Update!!

Winter has finally came to Iowa. This morning we woke to snow, gusty winds and freezing temperatures. I don't mind this weather, but why did it have to arrive the morning of my doctor's visit?

Clenching my steering wheel all the way to Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo, I arrive 5 minutes past my appointment. Lucky for me I think others called in to cancel because I didn't have to wait. However, I was not so lucky that because of the stressful drive in, my blood pressure was high. By the time my appointment was done and they checked it again, everything was back to normal.Whew!

Lab results came back in with normals and negatives. I found out I have an O+ blood type and I am not anemic. More good news came when they found the heartbeat right away and there was a strong 150 beats per minute. I love hearing that wonderful sound. So much that I recorded it in hopes of sharing it with all of you. Bad news is I can't seem to get it uploaded because it's only voice and no video. Sorry folks guess you'll just have to wait.

In other news, our 20 week ultrasound appointment is set! On Valentine's Day, Mike and I will get to see the baby for the first time and find out if we are having a boy or girl. We are so so excited about this, I especially have been waiting weeks to find out. 

In the meantime, I have set up a poll on my blog for all my readers to vote what they think we are going to have. Located on the right side you'll see the poll. Can't wait to see what you all will guess. 

Stay warm, safe travels and have a great weekend. TGIAF





1 comment:

  1. Great blog Jodi! This will be great to be able to follow along the baby journey....excited to see and hear about baby Nelson :-) Hey, that live traffic feed over on the right is kinda creepy! LOL Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...